Our new book F# for Technical Computing has been published and is now available for order!
This is currently the only published book to cover the latest version of the F# programming language and also covers the following exciting topics:
- Windows Presentation Foundation for interactive 2D and 3D graphics.
- The Task Parallel Library for shared-memory parallel programming on multicores and MPI for distributed parallelism on clusters.
- LINQ for the dissection of XML data.
- Sequence expressions.
- Asynchronous workflows for concurrent programming.
- Functional design patterns (tail calls, untying the recursive knot and continuation passing style).
- Purely functional data structures (balanced trees, tries, lazy streams and queues).
- Named and optional arguments.
- .NET interfaces including IEnumerable, IComparable and IDisposable.
- Performance in the context of caches and multicores.
Every graph in the book was created with our own F# for Visualization library and the complete source code including code to interactively generate all of the graphs is provided as a Visual Studio 2008 project when you buy F# for Technical Computing!